The Wide Bay District Veteran Golfers Association is District 8 of the Queensland Veteran Golfers Union Incorporated (QVGU) and operates under the Rules and Constitution of the QVGU.
ABN: 91 004 872 216
The QVGU website is www.qvgu.com.au
The Wide Bay District consists of 15 clubs extending from Bargara in the north to Maryborough in the south. District meetings are held at the Isis Golf Club, Childers.
The Wide Bay District Association:
- Represents District clubs at the QVGU,
- Coordinates club golf programmes within the Wide Bay District, and
- Conducts a number of Open and Closed Wide Bay District veteran golf events.
District Appointments for 2022:
|Don McKewen||Babs Beh|
|Mobile||0409 024 029||0447 248 999|
|Address for Correspondence||PO Box 8477, Bargara 4670|
Clubs and Competitions
A list of Wide Bay District clubs including their “veteran competition days” may be found under “District Clubs“.
Major club and District competitions and carnivals are listed in the “District Calendar“.
Entry Forms for our Carnivals and Open Days are attached to the “District Calendar” page.
Coral Cove has reached its cap, and if players want to nominate to play in the full WBSC, only 8 games at 4 venues can be played: Bargara, Bundaberg, Maryborough and Hervey Bay. The Best 7 of these games will count toward overall prizes. Players that have nominated for daily games only at Coral Cove, will be on the reserve list.
Players on reserve list have these choices:
- Stay on reserve list and keep fingers crossed. Refunds will be organized after the event. Players will be contacted by email after the nominations have closed.
- Come off the reserve list and receive a full refund
- Come off the reserve list and join an alternative 2 day competition arranged at Bundaberg for the overflow of players at Coral Cove. Fees would be directly transferred to Bundaberg by Treasurer and nominations would be given by Convenor to Bundaberg Captain. This is not part of the WBSC overall event, but a separate competition.
Please contact the convenor on email@example.com with your intentions.
Thank you, Wendy Mathiesen, Convenor