The Wide Bay Spring Carnival is the premier annual veterans’ carnival in the Wide Bay District.
The Carnival offers a total of ten rounds of golf over 16 days played on five Wide Bay courses in late August early September each year. All ten rounds are played as individual events. Players may enter in either the Carnival (seven rounds or more) or play a lesser number of rounds as a Non Carnival player.
The Carnival may only be entered by using the Spring Carnival Entry Form (see further down page).
To participate in the Carnival and to be eligible for Carnival prizes a player must complete a minimum of seven rounds of golf at four different courses and pay each round fee ($22) and the Carnival fee of $60.
Non Carnival Players
Alternatively players may nominate for individual events in which case they will pay only the round fee for that event and not the Carnival fee. They will not be eligible for Carnival prizes but will be eligible for prizes given by clubs for that day’s event. Players may enter individual events by using the Spring Carnival Entry Form.
After the Carnival Closing Date participating clubs may fill any remaining vacancies in their fields with local players. Clubs will provide a separate Entry Form for these players. The fee for local players is $22 per round.
Entry Form and Conditions of Play
Please read the Conditions of Play before lodging your entry.
Entries for the Carnival close on Friday 12th August 2022. Late entries will not be accepted.
Coral Cove has reached its cap, and if players want to nominate to play in the full WBSC, only 8 games at 4 venues can be played: Bargara, Bundaberg, Maryborough and Hervey Bay. The Best 7 of these games will count toward overall prizes. Players that have nominated for daily games only at Coral Cove, will be on the reserve list.
Players on reserve list have these choices:
- Stay on reserve list and keep fingers crossed. Refunds will be organized after the event. Players will be contacted by email after the nominations have closed.
- Come off the reserve list and receive a full refund
- Come off the reserve list and join an alternative 2 day competition arranged at Bundaberg for the overflow of players at Coral Cove. Fees would be directly transferred to Bundaberg by Treasurer and nominations would be given by Convenor to Bundaberg Captain. This is not part of the WBSC overall event, but a separate competition.
Please contact the convenor on email@example.com with your intentions.
Thank you, Wendy Mathiesen, Convenor
The Carnival Convener for 2022 will be: Wendy Mathiesen
|Emil Address||Phone Number|
|firstname.lastname@example.org||0401 300 376|
The Draw for each round will be published on this web site and on the relevant club web site not less than one week before the round. The club web sites are detailed below.
Spring Carnival players have precedence in the Draw for all events.
The 2022 Carnival Dates
The 2022 Carnival will be held as follows:
- Sunday 28 August – Bargara
- Monday 29 August – Bargara
- Wednesday 31 August – Coral Cove
- Thursday 1 September – Coral Cove
- Sunday 4 September – Bundaberg
- Monday 5 September – Bundaberg
- Wednesday 7 September – Maryborough
- Thursday 8 September – Maryborough
- Sunday 11 September – Hervey Bay
- Monday 12 September – Hervey Bay
- Monday 12 September – Carnival Dinner and Prize Giving – Hervey Bay
The results of each day’s competition, may be posted on the relevant club web site, and may be found at the following, however, all results will also be displayed on the “Draws and Results” page on this website.
The progressive results for players in the Carnival will also be be posted under the “Draws and Results” page on this web site.
A list of caravan parks and accommodation closest to each club can be found on the “Accommodation” page on this web site.