The Wide Bay Spring Carnival is the premier annual veterans’ carnival in the Wide Bay District.
The Carnival offers a total of ten rounds of golf over 16 days played on five Wide Bay courses in late August early September each year. All ten rounds are played as individual events. Players may enter in either the Carnival (seven rounds or more) or play a lesser number of rounds as a Non Carnival player.
The Carnival may only be entered by using the Spring Carnival Entry Form (see further down page).
To participate in the Carnival and to be eligible for Carnival prizes a player must complete a minimum of seven rounds of golf at four different courses and pay each round fee ($22) and the Carnival fee of $60.
Non Carnival Players
Alternatively players may nominate for individual events in which case they will pay only the round fee for that event and not the Carnival fee. They will not be eligible for Carnival prizes but will be eligible for prizes given by clubs for that day’s event. Players may enter individual events by using the Spring Carnival Entry Form.
After the Carnival Closing Date participating clubs may fill any remaining vacancies in their fields with local players. Clubs will provide a separate Entry Form for these players. The fee for local players is $22 per round.
Entry Form and Conditions of Play
Please read the Conditions of Play before lodging your entry.
Entries for the Carnival close on Friday 13th August 2021 once the entry form has been updated to reflect 2021. Late entries will not be accepted.
Addendum to Conditions of Play regarding refunds:
TO ALL ENTRANTS IN THE WIDE BAY SPRING CARNIVAL:
The confusion and uncertainties continue with Covid-19 having its impact. Current lockdowns in the 11 Local Government Areas and border closures have already seen some interstate participants withdraw from this event and refunds have been paid.
The organising committee has decided to alter the Refund Policy conditions for the Carnival to reflect this ever-changing situation, over which we have no control.
- Withdrawals before the closing date : 100 percent refund. NO CHANGE.
- Withdrawals between the closing date and publication of the draw: 50 percent refund. CHANGED TO: WITHDRAWALS BETWEEN THE CLOSING DATE AND 5PM THURSDAY 26/8/2021 – 100 PERCENT REFUND.
- Withdrawals after the publication of the draw determined on a case-by-case basis. CHANGED TO: WITHDRAWALS AFTER 5PM ON THURSDAY 26/8/21 DETERMINED ON A CASE-BY-CASE BASIS.
We will monitor the Government/Health Department media announcements, and if the tournament has to be cancelled, we will advise participants as early as possible.
The Carnival Convener for 2021 will be Jill Serra.
|Emil Address||Phone Number|
The Draw for each round will be published on this web site and on the relevant club web site not less than one week before the round. The club web sites are detailed below.
Spring Carnival players have precedence in the Draw for all events.
The 2021 Carnival Dates
The 2021 Carnival will be held as follows:
- Saturday 28 August – Welcome BBQ Bundaberg
- Sunday 29 August – Coral Cove
- Monday 30 August – Coral Cove
- Wednesday 1 September – Bargara
- Thursday 2 September – Bargara
- Sunday 5 September – Bundaberg
- Monday 6 September – Bundaberg
- Wednesday 8 September – Maryborough
- Thursday 9 September – Maryborough
- Sunday 12 September – Hervey Bay
- Monday 13 September – Hervey Bay
- Monday 13 September – Carnival Dinner and Prize Giving – Hervey Bay
The results of each day’s competition, may be posted on the relevant club web site, and may be found at the following, however, all results will also be displayed on the “Draws and Results” page on this website.
The progressive results for players in the Carnival will also be be posted under the “Draws and Results” page on this web site.
A list of caravan parks and accommodation closest to each club can be found on the “Accommodation” page on this web site.